Pages

Tuesday 21 June 2011

cpd 23 - and a new blog

This is my first foray into the world of blogging.  It was not a lightly considerd one: I had actually decided not to have a blog at all - there are more than enough people out there blogging already, and many of them blogging about libraries and doing it well.  So I thought another one was not needed.  And, I always considered it slightly vain (sorry everyone). 

However, I have been persuaded by the new cpd 23 Things 2011.  I do not have a traditional library job, and I also work on my own: I don't have access to conferences or training days for librarians.  So it's kinda difficult to find ways of developing yourself and your role with only your computer and desk at your disposal.  I had to be creative, and I'm still finding ways of doing that.  So, this is part of my reflection process, and I hope in doing that I will develop my thoughts and skills along the way. 

I also wanted to make this blog more encompassing than librarianship.  For me, librarianship is linked to my love of reading (yes, I know that librarianship is about way more than this, but why shouldn't it be about books as well?), books in general, connecting people to books and information, and also about sharing - that's where the photography comes in.  Mainly, I just love beautiful images, but photography is also about sharing ideas, moments, infomation, and a little bit of beauty. 

Hope to meet you along the way!

2 comments:

  1. CPD23er from the US. Looking forward to viewing your photography.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wendy! It's great to meet someone in a 'non-traditional' library job and I'll sure you'll have so many different and interesting insights as the programme progresses! Congrats on the first post--it's very engaging! And looking forward to seeing some photos!!

    ReplyDelete